When you send an email, do you include your contact information at the bottom? An email signature is a permanent closing that automatically appears at the bottom of every e-mail you send.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
An Email Signatures Increase SALES & REFERRALS.
BENEFITS of an e-mail signature:
1) An email signature saves YOU time. You don’t have to type this info over and over again. Simply program the e-mail signature in your email program (such as Outlook, Gmail, etc) and you never have to type it again.
2) An email signature identifies you in a PROFESSIONAL way. After all… we wouldn’t type a regular business letter that we send through the “snail mail” without using a proper closing signature. Therefore, why would we want to send a business e-mail without using a professional email signature?
3) An email signature can INCREASE your sales and referrals because it makes it easy for someone to forward your contact information to someone else.
4) A professional email signature is a great MARKETING TOOL, as you can add a “tag line” that you can change periodically. EXAMPLE: “Buy a widget, get one free in November” or a descriptive line about what you do such as the one listed above
Q: How do I set up an email signature?
INSTRUCTIONS: The method varies slightly depending on the e-mail program. In OUTLOOK you go to “tools,” “options,” “mail format” and look for the box that says “signature.” In other e-mail programs go to your “HELP” file and do a search on the keyword “signature.”
IN CLOSING: An e-mail signature will take you less than 5 minutes to set up… but could bring you thousands of dollars in increased business and save you hours of time!